Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Why couldn't this have happened in July so I could go to the Pool?


Ok, so my DAY #1 plan was aggressive. I did not go to a networking event or buy a new laptop.


It was really cold and rainy out and I just didn't want to go outside.


I received my "separation agreement". Why is it an agreement? I personally don't agree with any of it. It wasn't as exciting as I had hoped. Hmm, there is a non disparagement clause. O well, there goes the fun parts of the blog...No, I am too big of a person for that and will not disparage. But I do like that word. I will have to remember to use it in an upcoming interview.


I applied for unemployment today. See action shot. It was pretty easy actually. I am to await a letter in the mail with my weekly amount and duration within one week.


I didn't realize you have to pay taxes on benefits you receive from the government that were funded with taxes to begin with ...AND you have to report every Sunday that you have applied for two jobs a week to get paid. I did apply online though I almost went to the office I thought it would make for better blog material. See: cold and rainy above.


You also are forced to go to an online job site and do a resume and update your skills. Here is a sampling of skills:


apply traction
distinguish colors
make decisions


I decided to log off the system at that point.

1 comment: