Friday, January 9, 2009

What goes around comes around

My army of cleaning ladies showed up for the monthly condo cleaning today. I love how clean my place is when they get done. They are so good. Everything is so clean and lemony smelling. I love them.

When they were all done - I fired them.

I have done some analysis of the fat in my spending. I am pretty good at my expenses tho. I never did the $4 daily starbucks so I don't have much fluff to cut. But I do eat at restaurants a lot. In fact, now that I am cutting back on my restaurant activity it is certain to plunge the industry into a depression versus recession.

Its a downward spiral. I cut out going to restaurants. A server gets fired. The server stops drinking his tips every night at the bar across the street so the bartender gets fired. The bartender was saving up to buy a new car but has to dip into savings to pay rent. So the car salesman loses his job. The car salesman was about to close on a house but re-negs. The mortgage broker gets fired. The mortgage broker goes to the bar to drink his sorrows away...er, wait...this economy could be self sustaining after all! Let me call the Fed and tell them!

You see, I read an article today on how alcohol sales are UP 6.5%. Nothing is UP any percent much less more than 6% these days.

In the state of VA:
"Overall liquor sales from July through November were up 6.5 percent from the same period a year ago, but the bulk of that increase came from sales to individual customers at ABC stores. Those sales rose 8.1 percent, while sales to bars and restaurants increased only 0.6 percent." AP

Hmm, I may need to look into working for a liquor distributor.

I haven't relaxed at all since "Black Tuesday" but decided I will as of tonight and thru the weekend. I need a break. I have been emailing, calling, begging, pleading, stressing, losing sleep and drinking since Tuesday. Well, I will take a break from 6 out of 7 of those this weekend anyway. You guess which.

No comments:

Post a Comment