Saturday, May 8, 2010

A post with no real point

I turned 34 about 10 days ago. Whoop.  

Like me, my blog isn't sure what it wants to be when it grows up. I've ditched the political commentary for now though reserve the right for an occasional tirade, plus a lot doesn't really happen to me these days - my commute is 25 feet, and sometimes I just want to post all the fun things I cook but don't want to be just another cooking blog.

While me and my blog figure out our future, here are some wise thoughts that crossed through my brain on my birthday week:

Why do I still get zits on my forehead? I am 34, have negotiated deals with executives at Fortune 500 companies, and have a mortgage. I should not also still have teen-aged acne issues in the form of the big dipper on my forehead. 

Dear God, I don't ask for much. Well, I have been asking for a boyfriend without issues for the last decade or so but since that has fallen on deaf ears, please strike dead the songbird that chirps at jet plane decibel from the branch right outside my window every morning from 6am to 7am. Or let it mate already so it shuts up, please.

Does this office chair have an eject button?

I hope my ovaries aren't shriveling like raisins in the sun at this point

Instead of reading comedy sites or blogs for amusement I like to scan Craigslist personals because THAT is where the real humor on the web is. Like this guy:
"Looking for lady with huge breast - 33"
This guy doesnt ask for much. He justs wants one breast is all, as long as its huge of course...

That is all the sage words I have right now after 34 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment